Monday, May 28, 2007

~ The Parties Over ~

DsDesignsMemorialDay2007.jpg


There was no planned party.  It started earlier today when I talked to my sister.  Her husband was looking for some hands, strong hands, to help get the cover off their pool.  Knowing there was no way my sister was going to be able to do this, my son had volunteered days ago.  So while she was on my main line I called him on my cell.  It was all set up.  He would go over about noon and help.  One thing led to another and the next thing we had planned was a cook out at her house.  I did not want her to do the work, but she offered the house.  Something simple for dinner.  Hamburgers, and yeap you guessed it 'lips and assholes.'  We figured we would eat at 5ish.  I hung up the phone and got moving.  I would bring the burgers and rolls, my Mom the dogs.  Chef and macaroni salad.  Snacks galore.  It was a beautiful day.  Clear sky and fairly warm.  The wind was a bit chilly, but it was definitely an outdoor day.  I headed over about 2ish. 

 

When I arrived the cover was off and my brother in law was dumping chemicals in.  It was a bit discolored but not too bad.  A little shock should do the trick.   Steve had long been gone.  He went and showered and then picked up his girlfriend and they were going to take a walk in a nearby park before heading back over.  Slowly but surely everyone arrived.  We sat out back and enjoyed the fresh air.  The kids (no little ones today) played Jarts.  Remember them?  There was an old set in my sister's shed and we had to explain to the kids how to play.  They don't even sell these kind anymore.  They are the old fashion metal pointy ones.  They played a bit and then turned to Bocce ball.  Most of the shots I have of them are off in the back playing one or the other.  Then of course a couple around the table. 

 

As I sat at the table there were birds flying to and fro.  No doubt looking for the 'bird bath' they had been using.  They didn't land as the cover is gone, but you could tell they didn't like that we had invaded 'their' space.  I pointed my camera and tried to get shots.  They all laughed as I told them I was trying to get a bird.  They posed, yes, giving me the bird.  One shot I tried to take had the white from a passing airplane in the background.  I focused and zoomed a little to get the dang bird, but by the time my camera actually took the picture the bird was long out of the shot.  I was a bit amazed at what I did get tho.  I got the bird alright.  The big bird.  I have a half way decent camera, and I wasn't zoomed all the way as I was only attempting to get a bird.  This plane was quite a distance away and yet when I looked you could see it.  I never imagined this would be the end result. 

 

   DsDesignsBigBird5-28-07.jpg

 

A bit later the moon appeared.  We will have two full moons this month and you can tell it's pretty close to that now.  Not too shabby if I say so myself.  I will most definitely using that as a background down the road.  :)  The day was just as magical, and I can't believe it went by so fast!  I do hope everyone was able to make some wonderful memories today.

 

                           DsDesignsMoon5-28-07.jpg

 

Tomorrow I am off but I will be driving my younger sister downtown for a Dr. appointment.  My mom doesn't like to drive, and my Dad shouldn't be.  So I offered.  Hopefully it won't be an all day affair.  I have a shake to deliver a bit later in the day and then I plan to go to Gage's soccer game.  A pretty full day and I do hope the weather is nice.  I am getting use to this!

 

Hugs

~d

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Loved the pix...have a good week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day D.  So glad you enjoyed yourself, family, and fresh air. The collage is great, your family is beautiful.  I don't see you though!  The bird is great, I'm impressed with the ability of the camera.  That moon is perfect on that blue, it's obvious you had a great weather day!

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time Donna! There are some great shots of the day here too. Jarts? They're lawn darts aren't they? I hope today is as good for you, good luck to your sister with her appointment with the doctor and I hope Gage wins his game! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you got to have a good get to gether with the family.....i love the pic of the plane, you did a great job. Enjoy Tues and try not to do too much.
love always,
lj

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun was had by all!  Linda

Anonymous said...

sometimes the best parties are ones that just happen. great plane pic and so funy they gave you the bird. lol

Anonymous said...

How lovely .what fun ,the pictures tell it all ,well done on the Aeroplane great shot ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day. Your pictures are great. The one of the plane turned out good. Helen

Anonymous said...

The pics are great! Sounds like all had a good time. And yes, I do remember Jarts. :)
Hugs,
Sug

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The pictures say a 1,000 words!!! It looks like a good time was had!!! :) Glad you had a good holiday!!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are awesome - love the collage of your family. Looks like you had a wonderful gathering! So you got the bird and a moon shot all in one day, lol. Hope you enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to celebrate the holiday with family and friends.  I think the unplanned gatherings are sometimes more fun than the planned ones.  Great pictures!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics, man!  :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics, man!  :)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Glad your day was good, i love the big bird pic, the best shots are when we are not trying lol.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

Love the photo collage ... thanks for sharing.  I'm just waiting for the nights to get really weird ... that moon was gorgeous last night -- shining to brightly here.  Can't wait to see the full moon edition.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!
Great shots
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

that's one great camera you have. wow the pics of the plane and moon are awesome. loved the collage of the family. (((((((((hugs))))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Isn't the weather great!!  But we could use some rain here in NC.  

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed all the photos...the moon is awesome.  We need rain in the worst way...have a good day...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Great pictures :-)  Your quite the photographer ;-)  Sounds like you had a good time at your sisters.

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/