Tuesday, May 1, 2007

~ I'm Sick ~

DsDesignsGame45-1.jpg


Well my boys let the Rangers back in this series.  They dropped tonight's contest 2-1 and I'm sick.  The last thing any team needs is momentum and the Rangers have it all.  The commanding 2-0 lead in the series heads back to Buffalo tied at 2.  The fight is far from over, but the boys have to play better and find a way.  The Rangers are clogging up the neutral zone and not letting the speed of the boys into the zone.  If the boys dump it deep they are not reacting fast enough to go get it.  The Rangers are playing tough and not giving up much room.  Lundvist is standing on his head.  Jagr scored less then a minute into the second period and it almost looked like the boys were deflated.  Another PP goal by the Rangers.  After an OT loss on Sunday it appeared they were frustrated and not able to pull things together.   In the third another power play and Shanahan puts the boys in blue up by 2.  ARGH!!!!  My boys woke up but they waited way to long.  Kotalik scores about a minute later to put us within one but it wasn't enough.  Scrambles and intensity that late in the game is too little too late.  What has happened to my boys?  I'm sick over it.  I didn't expect a sweep, but this looks like some cruel joke.  With about 13 seconds in Briere comes out from behind the net and pokes the puck.  It is not called a goal on the ice, the light doesn't go on, and they take it under review.  You have to have definite proof the puck crosses the goal line completely.  Replay after replay they show the play.  Based on angles and what you can see it appears the goal goes over, but you can't actually see it.  They call it no goal.  I think it was in, but the call had to be made that way.  If you can't see it you can't see it.  No guessing or assumptions allowed.  Tit for Tat we are even.  The Rangers got a no goal call when it probably should have been one on Sunday.   So now we are in a best of 3 series.  We are back in Buffalo on Friday, then to NY on Sunday and back to Buffalo for game 7 (if needed) on Tuesday.   I need a stiff drink, a little reinforcement, and the boys need to focus and figure out a way. 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Darlin'.

Want me to pour you a glass of crappy Boxed White Wine?

Anonymous said...

Your graphic says it all - Sorry to hear of their loss- They can do this! They just need to take the wind out of the Rangers sails. Best of luck to your boys!

Anonymous said...

Dang!  I was hoping to catch you.  I got to see some of the game, and my head started to hurt because I knew you'd be upset.  I'm sorry about this loss d, but they can do it and YOU of all people know it.  I thought it was goal too but until they explained the rules I didn't realize how they review and what they look for.  Sucks if you ask me.  Why can't you assume?  His pad was well behind the line and the puck goes over to hit it and bounce out.  It had to cross completely, it's logic.  Hope you'll jump back on would enjoy a bit of chat.  Keep the faith they will regroup.  How many times have they lost 4 in a row this season?  They'll get desperate and fight tooth and nail.  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Nahh, never fear. The Sabres are just being polite. You'll see.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhh {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Bahhh Hummbbug!!! I want the old Sabres back... anyone seen them? they were pretty damn good lol

Kris

Anonymous said...

Its no good ,you are going to have to get on that ice and sort them out ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

When I read your title I didn't dare come in to have a read.  But I did...sorry!
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

so sorry about your boys. (((((((hugs))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Donna
I watched this game last night and thought the boys put on a good show.  I'm sorry that the scoreboard does not show a different outcome, but you have nothing to be ashamed of, they were hustling last night right up to the last second.  The series will be longer, but it will also allow us to enjoy more great hosckey.  Yes, let's hope the boys figure out a way arournd the Ranger defense, but let's also enjoy the upcoming battle.
SAm

Anonymous said...

Awwww...
I'll getcha that stiff drink...while i'm at it
i'll pour me one too <cheers>...lol
Hope you like Bahama Mamas =)~
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

They can do it!!! They have done so well this far... they will do their best.. and you get that drink! lol

Luv,
Promise
http://journals.aol.com/promiseluv372/PromiseMe/
http://journals.aol.com/promiseluv372/TheJournalJar/